Jibreel Institute & Minarah Consulting Present
ISLAMIC NIKAH & ENGLISH MATRIMONIAL LAW
Free Evening Taster Session!
Learn about the main concerns British Muslims face when living under two legal systems. Recent case law, such as Akhter v Khan, illustrates the need for Islamic Law to be considered within the Common Law.
Join us as we explore a comparative analysis between these two legal systems and look at ways to harmonise them.
1. Conditions for a valid Nikah
2. Civil Marriage and Islamic Nikah — Compatibility and Conflict
3. Exploring case law from British Courts and problematic areas
4. Matrimonial regime issues
5. The Triple Talaq quagmire debate
Shaykh Faizal Manjoo (LLB, MA & PhDc)
Lawyer With a Special Interest in Famiy & Inheritance Law, International Sharia’h Scholar in Islamic Finance
DATE: Sat 9th March 2019
TIME: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
VENUE: London E1
FEE: FREE – Registration Compulsory
LIMITED SPACES – Book Now!
020 7650 3039